Thursday, December 10, 2009

SCUM Manifesto





"I am a turd; a lowly abject turd"

This blog is gradually turning into a list of my flaws (vanity, laziness, immaturity, owning a Mac...).

With this in mind, I proudly offer my 'lads' trip to Brighton (for some reason my friend decided the seaside in early December would be the ideal place to celebrate his birthday. As expected the hotel was a dog shit hovel facing the sea. It was the cliche of poor accommodation from the obligatory smell of piss to the dysfunctional and hazardous furnishings. Pretty good for £15 a night tho.)

The conceit of a 'lad's' trip is one that I could easily over analyse for it's insights in to masculinity, but really that's some bullshit.



ANTI - GAME: Misogyny and the fragile ego. 


S: I think our best bet is with the fat chicks.


S: I don't understand what happened... This girl walked past us and smiled and we just sat there on the edge of the table swinging our legs and giggling like children.


A: I dunno what happened. I was just scared of rejection.






The Politics of Aesthetics: Love and loss. 


S: What did she look like?
N: I opened my eyes but then I had to close them.


J: ... I even saw some little blind kid turn his head and start crying.






Denial: Orientalist tropes of the sexually submissive Asian.

V: What? Fuck off! Nah he was just being friendly.






The Super Ego: Delusions of grandeur.


A: I didn't bring ID.





Much love to Valerie Solanas

No comments:

Post a Comment